Analytical Instrument Systems Engineer – Project Leader
Posted June 12, 2018
Process Sensors Corporation (PSC) is seeking an Analytical Instrument Systems Engineer - Project Leader. This position will be a critical member of a team for the development of next generation NIR spectroscopy instrumentation. The successful candidate will guide the project development cycle and manage internal and external teams through the product life cycle. This position is located at our Milford, MA headquarters and reports to the VP of the Research & Engineering Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with engineering manager and product marketing manager to determine customer requirements.
- Develop hardware and software requirements and detailed engineering specifications that fulfill customer requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of hardware and software modules into final application.
- Compose test plans and assess product development throughout its life cycle to ensure proficiency, accuracy and proper functionality to all specifications.
- Transfer product releases to production for distribution.
- Maintain proper documentation and control of hardware and software projects, including drawings and computer code.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to engineering change requests and corrective actions.
- Develop upgrades, tools and instructions for the field service support team.
- Recommend tools for the management, coordinate, and implementation/updating of the product engineering infrastructure.
- Ability to work with both new and older technologies.
- Must demonstrate drive for results, ownership of work tasks, and leadership skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commercial experience developing complex spectroscopy instrumentation platforms.
- Commercial experience with design and manufacturing of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in and lead cross functional teams.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, & Project.
- Spectroscopy, chemometric or mathematical algorithms development experiences.
- Optics design experience.
- Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Applicant must have a BS in Engineering or advanced scientific degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial experience in systems engineering with spectroscopic laboratory instruments, or with specific expertise in photonics or optical equipment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial experience in full lifecycle product/application development capacity.
Candidates must provide: Resume/CV with cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate. Must be U.S. citizen or currently able to work in USA with H1B status.
Benefits package includes competitive salaries, PTO, Medical, Dental, Life and 401K. Process Sensors Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested, qualified candidates please visit https://www.indeedjobs.com/process-sensors-corporation to apply.
About Process Sensors:
Process Sensors Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of near infrared instrumentation. Near infrared technologies include scanning monochromators, Diode Array, filter photometer and FT-NIR instruments that are used at-line and online for quality control analysis. These systems are used in the food, agricultural, chemical, converting, tobacco, wood, pharmaceutical and general industrial markets. PSC, along with Unity Scientific, AMS Alliance and Chopin Technologies, make up KPM Analytics, a privately held corporation committed to delivering innovative analytical products and superior customer technical support.